- Over £1000 pounds worth of packrafting equipment which you keep after the course
- 5 Day Packraft coaching with David Walsh at a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio
- A packraft – which you keep after the course!
- A handmade (in Scotland) wooden & carbon split packraft paddle – which you keep after the course!
- All other packrafting equipment
- Buoyancy aid
- Wild camping equipment
- All food from lunch on day 1 to Lunch on day 5 (plus a dram of whisky in the spey valley)
- 3 nights Guest House Accommodation, 1 night wild camping (camping equipment provided)
- All course transport including pickup from Glasgow or Edinburgh
- Zoom call preparation
Is it for me?
- Feel comfortable and confident swimming in cold water!
- Are used to exercising for 4-6 hours
- Have a desire for adventure
- Day 1, pick up in Glasgow or Edinburgh and drive to Loch Lomond for a flat water Introduction
- Day 2 & 3 Rannoch Moor – Expedition Skills
- Day 4 & 5 on River Spey – River Skills. Drop off at your preferred location for the night or onward travel.
The course you will be coached to your experience and will cover the following topics:
- Equipment & Clothing
- Foundation paddling skills
- Planning & Risk Assessing
- Safety and Rescue
- Expedition skills and equipment
- Leave no trace
- Beginner river skills and environment (Grade 2 moving water)