Scotland has some of the last true wilderness areas in the UK. For more than two millennia people have journeyed through this wilderness utilising the many glens, rivers and lochs that were the major road networks of history. They did this on foot or using small, lightweight boats to journey on the water. Our human-powered guided journeys are closely linked with those journeys, taking only what we need, immersing ourselves in the Scottish landscape and caring for the environment. Our adventure experiences are designed to reconnect us with nature, ourselves, the people who have travelled before us and are perfect to share with friends, family or like minded adventurers.
We recognise that due to the pandemic a lot of people are hesitant about joining an open guided trip. We also specialise in bespoke private group trips and can work with you, your friends and family to create your perfect experience.
WALKING and packrafting expedition
Rannoch Moor Packrafting
- Experience a multi discipline wilderness packrafting expedition through the beautiful scenery of Rannoch Moor
- As a team we carry everything needed for 2 days, enjoy good food and wild camp in a remote location
Bridge of Orchy
1 nights, 2 days
WALKING and packrafting day trip
Loch Ard Woodland Loch Packrafting Loop
This unique journey, full of history, is a mixture of woodland walking and packrafting on and around Loch Ard.
This journey is full of fascinating history throughout and there are lots of things to see and explore including Crannog remains, Eileen Gorm Island, Duke Murdochs Castle and a cave the Scottish outlaw, Rob Roy hid. We will also be able to experience packrafting through through ancient woodland in the ‘narrows’!
Loch Ard, Aberfoyle
Residential Walking Holiday
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park Walking Holiday
- Nestled within the stunning Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park Gartmore House is set within 100 acres of private land, this beautiful 18th century property is the ideal place to enjoy a Walking holiday and a wonderful way to experience the Park. Everywhere you look, there’s lush greenery, rolling hills, and dense forests, and over the course of your 5-night stay, you’ll get to explore plenty of it!
5 nights, 4 days activity
- If you like our adventures but the dates don’t suit you or you have a specific idea for your own walking or packrafting adventure and would like our services, then Emmaus Adventure can help. Here are just a few examples of what we can offer…
- Single day guided munro walks
- River Tay or Spey Descents
- Coast to coast walking and packrafting
- Arrange B&B and guest house accommodation as required