Our skills courses are developed and delivered by David Walsh. These courses are designed to help you build solid foundation skills that will enable you to feel more confident and knowledgeable in the preparation and execution of your own adventures. Additionally the very nature of adventure means occasionally things don’t always go to plan! So the courses also develop skills and knowledge for when things don’t go to plan. All of our courses have a low maximum number of participants, this allows us to tailor the courses to individual needs and everyone leaves with a sense of achievement and desire for greater adventure.
Packrafting River Skills
- Designed for those who have kayaked or packrafted on flat water but would like to gain more skills, experience and knowledge to move onto a river enviroment with confidence
- Two days on the River Tay learning about paddling technique, equipment, safety and team work
- Learn how to packraft on grade 1 and 2 moving water
- Tailored to the experience of each participant
Upper River Tay
- Delivered in the iconic highlands of Scotland this, fully catered, 5 day course is carefully crafted to provide you with a solid foundation of skills, experience, and knowledge so you can packraft with confidence.
- Includes over £1000 worth of packrafting equipment which you keep!
- The programme is designed and delivered at a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio by David Walsh, BCU qualified paddlesport coach, FSRT provider, MLTB Mountain Leader and owner of Emmaus Adventure.
Loch Lomond, Rannoch Moor and River Spey
5 days, 4 nights
Introduction to Wilderness Navigation
- Designed for those who have been out and about on their own adventures, but would like a little more knowledge and confidence when it comes to navigation away from the paths
Killin, Loch Tay
Bespoke Skills Course
- If you like our skills courses but the dates don’t suit you or you have a specific skills training in mind and would like our services, then Emmaus Adventure can help you
Starting from 1 day